Meet Agate the moose. He’s a big brown galoot who doesn’t think he’s very special when he compares himself to his animal friends who are named after gemstones. “What good is a moose?” he asks himself. What good is a moose, indeed – his beautiful friends help him to see that, just like his namesake the agate, true beauty comes from what’s inside. This stunning book features original watercolors and a poignant, witty message that resonates with anyone who has ever felt like they don’t quite belong.
This book is a terrific gift for kids, parents, grandparents, teachers, art book and children’s book collectors, moose lovers and rock hounds. Get one for yourself and one for each gem in your life! Includes bonus pages with information on all the birthstones and agates, too.
- Ben Franklin Book Awards, 2008: Finalist, Best Children/Young Adult’s Cover Design.
- Independent Publisher Book Awards, 2008: Winner, Best Children’s Book.
- Midwest Booksellers Association Choice Awards, 2008: Winner, Best Children’s Picture Book.
- Midwest Independent Publishers Association, 2008: Winner, Best Children’s Picture Book.
- Moonbeam Awards, 2007: Silver, Best Illustrator; Bronze, Best Picture Book.
- Northeastern Minnesota Book Awards, 2008: Winner, Best Children’s Literature.
48 pages, watercolor illustrations, 9″ x 10″, hardcover with jacket.